Why do Shower Drain Manufacturers Use Stainless Steel?
Stainless Steel is one of the most versatile materials in the bathroom fittings industry. Keep reading to know why manufacturers of shower drain channels opt for Stainless Steel as their first preference.
STAINLESS STEEL: A SHOWER DRAIN MANUFACTURERS FIRST CHOICE
- Corrosion resistance: Stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for use in environments with high moisture and humidity, such as shower areas. Unlike other materials like brass or copper, stainless steel does not rust, tarnish or corrode over time when exposed to water, making it a durable and long-lasting option.
- Hygienic properties: Stainless steel is a non-porous material that does not harbour bacteria or other microorganisms, which can cause unpleasant odours or even health issues. This is especially important in shower drain channels, which are constantly exposed to water and moisture and can become a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi.
- Aesthetics: Stainless steel has a modern and sleek appearance that can complement various bathroom styles and designs. It is also easy to clean and maintain, which helps to keep the shower area looking neat and tidy.
- Strength and durability: Stainless steel is a strong and durable material that can withstand heavy loads and foot traffic without bending or cracking. It is also resistant to impacts and abrasions, making it less likely to get damaged or dented over time.
PVC OR STAINLESS STEEL FLOOR DRAINS – WHICH IS BETTER?
The choice between PVC and stainless steel drains ultimately depends on the specific application and requirements of the drain system. However, here are some key differences between the two materials:
- Durability: Stainless steel is generally considered more durable than PVC. PVC drains are susceptible to damage from heat, impact, and chemicals, while stainless steel is resistant to corrosion, chemical damage, and high temperatures.
- Hygiene: PVC is a porous material that can absorb dirt and bacteria, making it harder to clean and less hygienic. On the other hand, stainless steel is non-porous and therefore a much more hygienic material than PVC.
- Appearance: Stainless steel has a classy and contemporary aesthetic that can complement various interior and exterior decors, while PVC has a more basic and utilitarian look.
- Cost: PVC is generally less expensive than stainless steel, making it a more cost-effective option for some applications.
- Installation: PVC is typically easier to install than stainless steel due to its lightweight and flexible nature. However, stainless steel drains can be customized to fit specific requirements and are generally more durable once installed.
As we can see, Stainless Steel Shower Drains are a better option than PVC drains if you are looking for a more long-term fitting that is hygienic and good-looking as well.
You May Also Like to Read:
POPULAR VARIETIES OF SHOWER DRAINS IN THE MARKET
There are several varieties of shower drains available in the market, each with its unique features and benefits. Some popular varieties of shower drains include:
- Linear Shower Drains: Linear shower drains are long and narrow drains that are typically installed along one wall of the shower. They are designed to create a seamless and modern look, while also allowing for faster water drainage. Linear shower drains can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, PVC, and copper.
- Center Drains: Center drains are the most common type of shower drain, and they are located in the centre of the shower floor. They are typically circular or square in shape and can be made from a variety of materials, including PVC, stainless steel, and brass.
- Trench Drains: Trench drains are similar to linear shower drains, but they are larger and can handle larger volumes of water. They are typically used in commercial settings, such as locker rooms and spas, but can also be installed in residential settings for those who prefer a more robust drainage system.
- Invisible Drains: Commonly known as tiles insert shower drain channels or marble insert shower drain channels, these floor drains allow you to place a piece of your shower area flooring on top of them, making them completely invisible, yet performing their function brilliantly with their voluminous drainage technology.